Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

11w5d....

So, today marks 11w5d!  I am almost past the first 12 weeks and the first trimester!!!

My next doctor's appointment is next Tuesday (Nov, 27th).  Since I a plan on having the baby in Augusta, Ga (I like Georgia birth certificates better than South Carolina ones), I have to go to an OB down there.  Or at least it will be easier to deliver at the local hospital there if I see an OB there....

This will be my first OB appointment, and I will be 12w5d.  My last ultrasound was at 9w4d, so I am not sure if I will have an ultrasound at this appointment or not.  I have no idea what this appointment will encompass.  I know that I want to have a NT scan, but I am not sure if the scan would happen at this appointment or if I would need to make another appointment.  Hopefully, it will happen at this appointment so I don't have to drive another hour down there....

As for the medications....  I am completely off estrogen and crinone.  I also stopped taking my iron supplements.  I took them due to iron deficiency anemia, but they were making me pretty sick to my stomach.  Mt prenatal has iron in it, so hopefully I am not making myself anemic again. I am now just on:  prenatal (with DHA), extra DHA, zinc, B-complex, and baby aspirin.

As for my morning sickness/possibly just hungry all the time sickness.  I noticed a marked improvement with my nausea when I dropped from 2 estrogen pills to just one a day.  I noticed a slight worsening when I dropped the crinone to every other day along with the one estrogen pill daily, and a huge improvement when I dropped both the estrogen and crinone completely.

Now I have been able to reduce my eating to normal times.  And my aversion to all things chicken has let up a little, which has helped D out since everything in the cooking arsenal has chicken in it.  Carrots are still on the "eat them and yark" list.  It doesn't matter how many carrots I eat, they will make me throw up.

As for food cravings....  Mushrooms.  I have always loved mushrooms, but now I am craving them.  So, mushroom Swiss burgers are a new staple.  Not exactly healthy, but....



3 comments:

  1. Such a great update. You are almost to the second trimester!! Congrats! P.S. I am so excited about the piggy bank!!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from ICLW, and congratulations on your pregnancy! That's cool you can choose a state for giving birth in - are there pictures of peaches on the Georgia certificates? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pictures of peaches; however, the SC birth certificates are just a list of information printed on special paper. Any missing information is not printed. The GA certificates are an actual form with the doctor's signatures, etc. It actually looks like a historic document, and not something I could have typed up at home and printed on similar paper....

      Plus it doesn't hurt that the baby will be born in the same hospital as me....

      Delete

Copyright: 2010-11 by Michelle Deer. Powered by Blogger.